Saturday, April 9, 2011

Life of a Grad Student...not as glamourous as it seems!

So I just finished my 6th week at uni and I am already sleep deprived and malnourished (too much beer and too little food)!  I can definitely say that that system here is quite different from the US and Monash which is a nice change.  I'm currently taking soil science management, sustainability and policy management, sustainable landscapes and climate change policy and politics...such a mouthful!  I really like all of my classes and I love the people in my course!  


I've made some good friends through the environment group on campus, called PEN (pgrad enviro network).  It's nice to be able to sit and have a drink with people who also share interests in the environment.  The past six weeks have gone by sooo quickly, it's kind of insane!  But the journey's not even close to being over yet...I'm starting to really get into all of my classes so the work is piling up.  After spending the earlier part of my week burying my head in the sand, I finally got underway in some of my projects.  But this will definitely the most work I'll have ever done in my entire academic career and I don't see it lessening at any point in this program (good and bad)!  


Now there are some really cool parts of the uni that I am definitely falling in love with!  The architecture is such an interesting mix of old victorian, gothic and modern.  There are huge lawns for sleeping, chillaxing and sausage sizzles.  The cafes and restaurants on campus are actually DELISH!  Plus there is a bar on campus?  I'm pretty sure the staff recognize me...I frequent it the most next to the OEP computer lab lol.  


Well back to studying...or I could watch footy instead...decisions decisions...



No comments:

Post a Comment