Monday, April 11, 2011

4 seasons in a Day

4 seasons in a day?  Best way to label Melbourne in 5 words.  Yea I don't really get this weather.  I know I'm supposed to be used to it, seeing as I studied here 2 years ago.  But this is just ridic. Last week, beautiful...24 degrees, I was wearing sundresses and sandals.  And today? I wake up to rain smacking my window...sounded like someone took a bucket of water and just threw it at my window.  But now, it's sunny again.  It's like being in San Francisco, but no fog.  And rain in the summertime?  Or when it's completely sunny? Convectional rain, sun-rain...call it what you will, it's bizarre.  Where are the dry sunny days in CA that I miss so much?  Most people in summer rain just walk around in sandles and summer clothes but they carry their umbrellas.  Hot and sultry rain...not as sultry as you'd think.  Oh and I can no longer call it fall, it's 'autumn.'  Too much work.  One last thing to add to my weather post: seasons end on the first of the month (i.e. March 1 - start of autumn instead of March 21).  Wait what happened to the equinoxes and solstices?  Mind-boggling...

No comments:

Post a Comment