Monday, January 24, 2011

State of affairs

Hmm...as I prepare the last few items for my big move, I've been reviewing the different articles concerning Australia and the flood that practically inundated the entire western side of Queensland.  Such an unfortunate event to occur.  I've traveled practically the entire affected area and it saddens me to see how devastated the environment, community, and the government is from all of this.  Even worse, we have yet to see the long-term impacts of what this natural disaster has caused.  To keep you updated of what is going on so far, here are some articles that I've found on the event.


Australia food prices to rise: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12162952


The flood and what it can mean for the Great Barrier Reef:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-12190895

I'll continue to update this post with more news stories.  It will be interesting to arrive with this sort of disaster in the headlines.  

No comments:

Post a Comment